Tuesday, December 27, 2011

End of the Year

          While I have a second to myself this morning, I've decided to just write down a few random thoughts as we close out this 2011 year. As a family, my beautiful wife and I just turned 28! our son Sateki is 5, daughter Salote is 3 and will be turning 4 Jan 10th, son Kime is 2 and completely potty trained! and we added a baby boy to the family that we name after my brother serving in Ft. Worth TX, little Heikoti Lao!

          We have a few goals, and milestones we hope to reach this up coming New Year. I graduate from SLCC with my AA and having completed all my Nursing Pre-req classes as well! My wife wants to celebrate, but I don't think this accomplishment warrants a celebration. I've still got plenty of schooling left, and the very difficult classes lay ahead of me. She reminded me although it's just an Associates, it will be the first college grad on bothsides of our family, so I guess it's a big deal. My reasoning against a celebration is, college students in a 4 year college, don't have a celebration when they finish their Sophomore year in College....do they?

          At any rate, I have to complete my application to BYU asap! My cummulative GPA just dropped to 3.41 after this last semester which may sound bad to many, but if you knew my past GPA's you would be elated! lol. Going the route I plan with my schooling, medical no doubt yet unsure which specific direction to take, going to the U of U would be the wisest decision. However I can't help that I've been a Cougar fan my whole life, and the oppurtunity to call my self a Cougar, is irresistable. Even if I don't get in, at least I tried. Even if I get in and don't finish there, at least I tried. Even if I just get accepted, get my student ID and then go to the U just so I can say I was a Cougar, that'd be good enough for me! lol.

          That's all for now. Just a few notes to remind me where we were at the end of 2011. I want to be able to look back and read these blogs to remind my family what we were doing and the progress we were making in life. We do have a lot to work on, but slowly and surely, we're pluggin' along! Happy New Year's to all of you. I hope this New Year fills your homes with love, laughter and blessings!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing Kime that your almost done with your Associates at SLCC. Your wife is right though, i would celebrate it. I can't wait to hurry up and get the both us to your point, we're both going into nursing as well, but we haven't even completed our pre-reqs yet to even apply for the program hoi.. so I figured it'll take us quite some time, but it's ok, it'll be worth it in the end. And I totally know what you mean about going to BYU. That's my first choice, though it'd probably be best for us to go to the U, BYU is my first choice. lol. Anywayz, happy holidays and glad to hear all is well with your family! Much love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lani! I'm excited that the two of you want to get into Nursing. It's a great field, and there will always be a need. Let me know when the two of you get started. I have some books for some of the classes you'll be taking and I can give some recommendations of some great and notso great professors lol. Ofa atu!

    ReplyDelete