Monday, March 24, 2014

When Loved Ones Leave

Again, with all my other posts, this one is unedited, raw emotions and thoughts put down while I have a short break in between classes.

When a loved one leaves this life, especially unexpectedly, it's difficult because many times it leaves us with many unanswered questions. It leaves a void in our lives that can never be filled because that spot was created by and for the person, over years and years of laughing, crying, late nights joking around, walking to Sev for a nachos and Big Gulp, sharing secrets and all the little things that you shared together.

We all have a belief or a hope of what happens after death. If you're LDS you believe that there is absolutely life after this and the reunion with our friends and family on the other side is one filled with happiness and joy. We believe that if we live righteously we can be with our families together forever. We can take comfort in knowing that our loved ones no longer suffer from this cruel, painful earthly life, but rejoice in the belief that they are now with our loved ones that have passed on before us.

All of these beliefs bring comfort to the pain stricken, mourning soul......but sometimes, especially immediately after receiving such sad news, no words can help. There isn't anything that anyone can say that will help with the pain that you're feeling right then and there, and that's OK.

Sometimes it's just best to cry, be sad, reminisce and think of all the good times you had. Picture their smiling face and the way they always greeted you with a hug to brighten your day. Remember how important they always made you feel. Miss them. Cry for them......and nothing else. For this reason, I have no words of wisdom at the tragic news of the loss the Tua'one family is having right now, because when I lost close family members, I didn't want to be reminded that families can be forever. I didn't want to think that my grandpa who battled valiantly with cancer is no longer in pain. I wanted to be to left alone, and think of how badly I missed them, and I just wanted to cry, and be sad. And be mad at myself for not taking every opportunity to tell them I loved them, even though I already knew, that they knew, how much I loved them.

There will be a time for all of that, later, and comfort and healing will come in due time; but for now, just cry. Cry, be sad, mourn the beautiful life and positive impact that was left behind. I have no words of comfort. I will however pray, on your behalf, for comfort and peace and for the speedy recovery of my cousin Junior Keiaho. Ofa lahi atu famili Tua'one.

Kime

No comments:

Post a Comment